Yuxiang Chen, PhD
Nasseri School of Building Science and Engineering
Office: Room 6-257, Donadeo Innovation Center for Engineering
Phone: (780) 492-4562
Dr. Chen's main interest is on high performance buildings, with focus on energy efficiency, peak demand reduction, and robustness through prefabrication, utilization of renewable energy, thermal energy storage, daylighting, and integrated design and operation.
Research in Progress
- Modeling, design and operation of building-integrated thermal energy storage;
- Integrated design and operation for room thermal conditioning, daylighting, and electric lighting;
- High-performance buildings for remote areas in cold climate;
- Energy flexible buildings, from both grids' and occupants' perspectives;
- Adaptive system identification for predictive control.
- Eco-House - a sustainable and affordable on-campus residence;
- Predictive control of hybrid ventilation in a high-rise building;
- Design, construction and operation of robust buildings for Northern Canada.
- PhD., Building Engineering, 2013, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- MASc, Building Engineering, 2008, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- BEng., Building Engineering, 2006, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada