Huazhou (Andy) Li, PhD
Assistant Professor, Petroleum Engineering
6-273 Donadeo Innovation Cntr for Engineering
Edmonton, AB, CANADA T6G 1H9
Phone: (780) 492-1738
- CO2 enhanced oil recovery
- Surfactant-alternating-gas (SAG) flooding
- Thermal and non-thermal heavy oil recovery
- Phase behaviour of solvent(s)-CO2-heavy oil systems
- Treatment of tight oil/gas reservoirs with supercritical CO2
- Production optimization of oil reservoir based on reservoir simulations
- PhD, Petroleum Systems Engineering, University of Regina, 2013
- MSc, Drilling Engineering, China University of Petroleum, 2009
- BSc, Petroleum Engineering, China University of Petroleum, 2006
Selected Refereed Journal Publications
- Li, H.; Zheng, S.; Yang, D. Enhanced swelling effect and viscosity reduction of solvent(s)-CO2-heavy oil systems. SPE-150168-PA. SPE Journal. In Press. 2013.
- Li, H.; Yang, D. Phase behaviour of C3H8/n-C4H10/heavy-oil systems at high pressures and elevated temperatures. Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology 2013, 52 (1), 30-40.
- Li, X.; Li H.; Yang, D. Determination of multiphase boundaries and swelling factors of solvent(s)-CO2-heavy oil systems at high pressures and elevated temperatures. Energy & Fuels, 2013, 27 (3), 1293-1306.
- Li, H.; Yang, D.; Li, X. Determination of three-phase boundaries of solvent(s)-CO2-heavy oil systems under reservoir conditions. Energy & Fuels 2013, 27 (1), 145-153.
- Li, H.; Yang, D.; Tontiwachwuthikul, P. Experimental and theoretical determination of equilibrium interfacial tension for the solvent(s)-CO2-heavy oil systems. Energy & Fuels 2012, 26 (3), 1776-1786.
- Li, H.; Qin, J.; Yang, D. An improved CO2-oil minimum miscibility pressure correlation for live and dead crude oils. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2012, 51 (8), 3516-3523.
- Li, H.; Yang, D. Modified α function for the Peng-Robinson equation of state to improve the vapour pressure prediction of non-hydrocarbon and hydrocarbon compounds. Energy & Fuels 2011, 25 (1), 215-223.
- Li, H.; Wang, R.; Yang, D.; Zhou, W.; Li, L. Determination of rotary cutting depth on steel pipes with the abrasive water jet technique. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 2011, 225 (7), 1626-1637.
- Lin, A.; Shao, S.; Li, H.; Yang, D.; Kong, Y. Preparation and characterization of a new negatively charged polytetrafluoroethylene membrane for treating oilfield wastewater. Journal of Membrane Science 2011, 371 (1-2), 286-292.
- Wang, C.; Wang, R.; Li, H.; Bu, Y.; Zhou, W. Design and performance evaluation of a unique deepwater cement slurry. SPE Drilling & Completion. 2011, 26 (2), 220-226.
Selected Conference Proceedings
- Li, H.; Yang, D. Phase behaviour of C3H8-n-C4H10-heavy oil systems at high pressures and elevated temperatures. Paper SPE 157744, presented at the SPE Heavy Oil Conference Canada, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, June 12-14, 2012.
- Li, H.; Zheng, S.; Yang, D. Enhanced swelling effect and viscosity reduction of solvents-CO2-heavy oil system. Paper SPE 150168, presented at the SPE Heavy Oil Conference and Exhibition, Kuwait city, Kuwait, December 12-14, 2011.
- Zheng, S.; Li, H.; Yang, D. Pressure maintenance and improving oil recovery with CO2 injection in heavy oil reservoirs. Paper SPE 150169, presented at the SPE Heavy Oil Conference and Exhibition, Kuwait city, Kuwait, December 12-14, 2011.
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, China Scholarship Council, 2013
- Dean’s Scholarship, University of Regina, 2010
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)